Thursday, May 23, 2013

Revelations...Part Deux

I came clean in a May 2011 blog post called Revelations.

I explained that I was committed to being a stay-at-home mom, but that I wanted more...something just for me.  I wanted to write.

It's been just over two years since I publicly put my dreams out into the universe. And it looks like the universe heard me.

As I submitted an article to my editor this afternoon, I realized that I am one lucky duck. Somehow, I have managed to find a way to write and actually get published somewhere other than my blog.  I kinda feel like I'm allowed to say "I'm a freelance writer" as well as a "stay-at-home mom" (if anyone were to ask!).  And man oh man does that feel awesome!

I do not want to jinx myself here, but I am so grateful to have found a way to be there for my kids but to also be using my brain in a more intellectual fashion.  It has done so much for me and I can honestly say that I am a happier person now.

I know I've neglected this blog as a result of the freelance work (and life in general), but I still think about all the cool things I hope to do with it someday...all in good time.

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments: