Sunday, March 3, 2013

Back in the Saddle

It's been a while...a long while.  I don't really know where the time has gone, but here I am.  There have been so many things I've thought about sharing over the past 6 months, but I never managed to sit down in front of my ancient lap top and start typing.  I mentioned this blog to my husband the other night and he acted as if it was over and done with.  But I never meant for it to be over, so I realized I'd better check in and make sure 24-7 Mommy isn't toast. I've been tracking my life as a mom here for almost 6 years and I am not ready to quit. 

The babe started Kindergarten in September and the little guy started preschool 5 mornings a week.  And you know what?  I think I've found the secret to happiness for this SAHM - time alone. It is something I've craved since the babe entered my world, and for the past 6 months, I've had the pleasure of experiencing it.  I feel like I'm happier than I've been for years, and I figure it's because I now have a little room to breathe.  You'd think I would be making time to share my happiness, but I've always used this blog as a place to off-load all the craziness, and perhaps, due to this new found happiness, I just haven't needed to off-load like I have in years past.

I think it's time for 24-7 Mommy to evolve. I'm asking myself what I want this blog to look like now that I am no longer a "newbie" mama.  And I hope blogging is like riding a bike, because I'm feeling extremely rusty.  I'm questioning what is appropriate to share now that my kids are older, and I'm wondering where I should set the new boundaries.  My daughter, although not surfing the web reading blogs, is now able to actually read.  I now have to think about her privacy in a different way (although I think the little guy would still be fine with my sharing the ups and downs of his adventures in the fabulous and frustrating fours).

Anyway, I will be checking in and I hope you will too.  I've missed this and I think it's time I come back to 24-7 Mommy.  This blog is not toast.

No comments: