Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Ice Cream Truck

Dear Ice Cream Truck that shows up at the park at 4:00 p.m. AND 5:00 p.m.:

What is wrong with you? 

Why do you come to a park filled with children right before dinner time? 

Don't you know that your products are filled with crap which will mess with our kids bodies? 

Don't you know our kids are going to be fed their dinners within a few hours, if not before? 

Don't you know that you create a "have" and "have not" situation every time you show up at the park? 

Don't you know you cause moral dilemmas for parents who struggle to do the right thing for their kids? 

Don't you know that parents don't want to deal with kids on a sugar high at the end of a long day? 

Don't you know that there are always kids on the playground (like my kids) crying because they can't have the crap you're selling and other kids can? 

Don't you know that all the food dyes in that crap you're selling can make kids even crazier? 

If you are going to come by with your little sing song van, at least have the decency to come after the lunch hour.  Because even a mean mommy like me would consider OCCASIONALLY buying your crap for my kids every once in a while.

I used to call you the music truck when you drove around my old neighborhood, now I have another name for you and I can't write it here.

I am glad there are parks you don't frequent, because those are the ones we'll be at if you keep showing up at TP every day.

No comments: