Friday, January 21, 2011

Asking For Help

You may recall I was having A LOT of trouble trying to get the babe to her classroom door every morning.  You may also recall that I just couldn't handle controlling the little guy in the crowded halls of the babe's preschool.  And you may recall I almost had a major meltdown, at the school, in front of people, while trying to help the babe with all her winter gear last Thursday.

Well you know what I did last Friday?  I asked for help.

I confided in the school's front desk staff member, whom I love, that I was having trouble and didn't know how I was going to continue to be able to bring the babe to her classroom every morning.  And guess what?  She offered to watch the little guy on the first floor while I bring the babe to her class on the second floor.  I don't have to take my son out of the stroller at all (which is priceless), and he seems to think hanging out with Ms. A is dreamy.  Luckily she thinks he's really cute (at least for now), so it seems to be win win for all involved.

TA DA!

We have been taking advantage of this kind and generous offer ever since.  And it makes morning drop off a whole different experience.  It's almost sort of pleasant at times.  All the kids and the noise and the chaos don't get to me as much when I am only chaperoning my 4 year old.  She is a big girl and likes to show off what she can do, and now I'm actually able to appreciate it and let her know how well she's doing.

All I had to do was ask for help.

Perhaps I should try it more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Chris! I'm glad you found a solution. J