Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nana

It is the sweetest sound when my son learns a new word.  This week it was "Nana."  My Mom decided to call herself Nana when the babe was born.  She didn't like the sound of Grandma.

We were speaking to her on speakerphone the other day when I asked the kids to say hi to her.  The little guy was really excited and kept yelling "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" into the phone.  I asked him to say "Nana" expecting him to keep saying "Hi," but he surprised us all and actually did it.  We were all so psyched to hear his proper pronunciation of this very important name.  He kept repeating "Nana" to prove he had this word down pat. 

I wish I could have seen my Mom's face.  I'm assuming her smile was as big as mine, if not bigger.

1 comment:

Janaina said...

My nickname is Nana from Janaina!!!