Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mean Girls

We were at the park this afternoon after school.  I was doing my best to keep an eye on both kids, although that has definitely become increasingly difficult as the little guy has gotten older and is running around and climbing on everything he sees.

At one point I switched my gaze from the babe (who was doing her thing on the monkey bars) to the little guy.  I caught him waving to a little girl by the small plastic house he loves to play inside.  The little girl proceeded to push him.  My son looked a bit surprised but continued giving his beautiful smile and his sweet wave.  She didn't seem to care about his obvious charms.  "That is definitely not the kind of girl I want my son hanging out with," I thought to myself.

It made me realize he is growing up fast and I won't always be able to be hovering above him.  That said, he's still my sweet, sweet, little boy and I will always be there to watch his back.

No comments: