Friday, July 23, 2010

Let the Games Begin

Today was the babe's last day of school.  It is now officially summer vacation.  I'll admit it, I'm scared.  I am not good at dealing with 2 kids all day, every day.  That is part of the reason the babe has been in school 5 days a week.  But I am going to try and have a positive attitude going into this.

I remember loving summer vacation as a kid.  The feeling of freedom was awesome.  Playing outside was awesome.  Not going to school was awesome.  But when it comes down to it, I think the babe loves school.  She gets to play with her friends, play outside, and learn all these cool things.  My task is to make home as cool as school.

I don't have much of a plan other than to write a list of activities that we can do every day.  I am thinking a "schedule" of sorts will be helpful.  If we can get out of the house every day by 9am, there's a good chance we will still be sane by lunch time.  I am going to stick to a daily nap time for both of them, and think of arts/crafts related activities to get us from nap time to dinner.

As tempting as it is, I MUST NOT let them watch an insane amount of TV every day.  To do this, I am going to have to let a few things around the house slide, but it's only for about 5 weeks.

This is my time to test my Mama skills.  This is my time to shine.  Can you hear me psyching myself up?  I can do this.   

1 comment:

Cath Ryan said...

I share the dread! It leaves me quaking!!! Over our summer I will have all 3 kids at home for 6 weeks. What am I going to do??>??