Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Peaceful Slumber

I know it's Tuesday, but I wanted to share a little nugget of our weekend life.  It is something so simple, and yet so special.

At my bed time (around 11pm), after I've gotten ready for my slumber, I call my husband upstairs to say good night (he always stays up later than me). 

During the weeknights we check on the kids individually, but there's something about weekend nights that encourages us to enter the kids rooms together.  We stand over their beds and stare in awe.  We fix blankets, find pacifiers, ruffle hair, give kisses, and pat legs, together.  It's amazing we don't wake them up. 

Our munchkins are so perfect, peaceful, and sweet.  It melts my heart.  The fact that my husband and I were able to create such masterpieces is truly awesome.  I don't know how we pulled it off. 

I go to sleep with a yummy, happy, "in love" kinda feeling.  Because sometimes you're just in love with your family, and it's a beautiful thing.

I owed you some positive blogging, so put this in my account for those days I have to let it all hang out!

No comments: