Friday, June 18, 2010

The Big Apple

My dear family, friends, and dedicated readers,

It's been a long week.  The babe has been off school since noon on Wednesday and the kids and I have had to find numerous ways to pass our days in a fun and peaceful way.  I am proud of the babe for being so awesome and I am proud of me for making it through without any major meltdowns.  And now on to my reward.

Tomorrow I will be getting on an Amtrak train to the most awesome city in the world.  Yes, I, Christine, am going on a one-night get away all by myself.  My amazing husband will be watching the babe and the little guy while I am gone (thank you, thank you, thank you!). 

My old friends are having a bit of a reunion and I am so glad I'm not going to miss it (again, thank you sweet husband).  I am so unbelievably excited to see everyone and to meet their new babies (it's amazing what can happen in a few years!).  The last trip to NYC by myself was when the babe was the tender age of 1.5.  But I suppose I wasn't really by myself as I unknowingly had the one week old little guy secretly stashed in my belly.  

This is the kind of trip I gave up when I became a Mom.  When you don't have family to help you out, it is pretty rare to get the opportunity to leave town without your kids.  But the kids are getting older, and my husband and I have gotten a bit better at this parenting thing.  So off I go.

I'm not sure about my computer access during the 22 hours I will be in the Big Apple, but know that I will check in with you as soon as I can. 

   

No comments: