Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm Not Giving Up

I didn't mean to be so dramatic yesterday, but some days are just plain old hard.

Luckily today was a good day.

My husband and I have had a few more thoughts on my daughter's monsoon meltdowns:
  • We're going to speak with her school and ask them to report to us whether or not she slept at nap time.  This will help us gage if there is a correlation between her acting crazy when she comes home and not having slept at school that day.
  • I realized I had hidden the babe's pacifiers yesterday, and every time she was struggling to calm down and keep it together she would go upstairs in search of her comfort and wasn't able to find it.  I deliberately kept them hidden as I was mad and didn't feel she deserved them.  I am not going to hide them and see if that helps keep her a little more in check.
  • The babe has been complaining off an on of leg pain.  I took her to the shoe store on Thursday to see if perhaps she had out grown her shoes and this was causing her physical pain, which was in turn causing her mental and emotional pain.  But no.  She's in the right shoe size.  I am going to follow up with the pediatrician and have her legs and feet looked at (she does have a varicose vain on her right leg).  Perhaps there is something we're not seeing. 
  • My husband and the babe did some puppet play today and it seemed to be an effective way to communicate about how to treat others.  I have heard this can be a helpful tool for some children to communicate, so I may just Google it and learn some more.
In the meantime, thanks for bearing with me as I struggle through this.  The day will come where I write about light and fun things, but for now, I am focused on the task at hand.  Onward and upward.

No comments: