Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Don't Want to be Like Them, Anyway

Today I drove by about 15 women doing standing push ups against a stone wall as their new babies sat in strollers watching.  I was driving (not walking) back from the grocery store where I had just bought a lot of wine, chocolate, milk, strawberries and ground turkey.  They were all healthy looking in their tank tops and shorts and I almost had to pull over the car to catch my breath.  These are sleep deprived Moms who are making time to get their game back on.

I did feel a tad guilty as my jeans are slightly tighter since I stopped breastfeeding 2 months ago.  Not burning all those calories anymore has taken a bit of a toll. 

But I am not going to beat myself up, because as much as I know I should be participating in more structured fitness sessions, I just can't make the time right now.  I could if I tried, but I am trying at other, less physically strenuous things. 

One day I may be organized enough to pull it off, but for now I'm not, and that's OK.  

No comments: