Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Whoa...

Last weekend was crazy. Yesterday was crazy. Today is crazy. If you don't know me, you probably won't care to read anymore as it is really just me blabbing.

On Saturday the little guy and I got up at 6:15 am to go stand in line (in the rain) at the H1N1 vaccination clinic. My son needed a booster shot and I wasn't going to let our first dreadful H1N1 vaccination experience be for nothing. We were about 11th in line which felt really good. Everything was remarkably under control at the clinic (it helped that it was in a municipal building and not the yucky high school we were at last time). I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience and applaud the DC government for a well run operation. To find a local provider in the United States, click HERE. We were back home before 9:00 am which felt nice. So much already accomplished!

Upon our return, my husband ran off to help a friend move (the rain had turned to snow at this point).

The kids and I hung out and even ventured outside to play in the snow and build a snow man (how neat that it snowed in DC before my home town of Ottawa). The little guy got to sit in the snow for the first time. He thought it was awesome until he fell over in all his puffy gear and lost his mitten. Then it wasn't so awesome anymore. Time to go inside.

Got the kids to bed and our realtor showed up. Yes indeed, we are potentially buying our first home. We spent a chunk of time putting together an offer and felt like it was all under control. We have been battling with the fact that the house in 3 metro stops further than where we are now, but decided we were willing to make the sacrifice to be in a sweet little house near great schools (how responsible of us, eh?). Hello suburbs...good bye hipness (my father tried to console me by saying I shouldn't worry as I had lost my hipness a while ago).

We then raced off to my dear friend's house as her daughter, who was born the same day as the babe, was having her 3rd birthday party. Sugar and balloons!

Sunday had us driving around Bethesda checking out our potential neighborhood, and then darting off to meet out-of-town friends at the zoo. I must say that the National Zoo in December wasn't much to write home about. Where the heck was that giant panda, anyway??

Yesterday was crazy birthday day, and I must admit I was exhausted and slightly emotionally sloppy. Things were starting to get to me and I really needed sleep (and a chef, a cleaning lady, a driver, a hairdresser, a masseuse and a nail technician)!

And I'll wrap it up with today. I struggled to get both kids out the door (it's cold so the amount of outerwear required has multiplied dramatically), dropped the babe off, went to the post office, returned to my car to discover that it wouldn't start. This has never happened in our Honda. I called my husband, then called AAA, and before I knew it there was a lovely man helping me out and telling me my battery was done. He just happened to have a new battery to sell me and was able to install it right there. Good deal! Membership finally has it's privileges.

Rush home, change diaper and feed the little guy, then rush back to pick up the babe at school.

Get lunch sorted, get kids to nap (very difficult and involved too much yelling--the babe and I, of course).

Check email--our agent informs us there are 8 offers coming in on the house we are going after. Offers will be reviewed this evening at 7:30. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be, but this whole experience has caused so much stress and sleep loss that if it doesn't work out, I think I will be taking a break from the home hunting business.

Stay tuned!

No comments: