Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We Did It

This is to be sung to the Dora soundtrack:

"We flew on an airplane, the three of us, oh we did it, we did it, we did it, Yeah!"

Honestly, the trip to Ottawa was great. We had a lot of helpers along the way (the porter, the security man, the airline ticket taker, and the flight attendant). Interestingly, they were all male and I only had to tip one of them (the porter...of course). Sadly Air Canada has been moved to the reject crappy terminal at Reagan International which meant my husband had to drop us off at the curb, but it really wasn't that bad.

We had no major melt downs along the way and I was really proud of my little munchkins. Luckily the babe has this whole flying thing down and it's like she knows that she needs to be on her best behavior.

Honestly, since we've been here, we've pretty much been inside. Ottawa has been seriously chilly, and even when bundled up, you don't want to be out there for too long. The babe and I did make it out for a little adventure into the woods behind my folks place yesterday. We took out the sled and made our way through the trails...the whole time my daughter was yelling at me "Run, Mama, Run....faster, faster, faster!!!" The look on her face was priceless. I think she had a whole lot more fun than the little guy did when I dragged him shopping later in the afternoon.

Hope you're all enjoying things and eating as much sugar as I am. Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Anonymous said...

what bliss it was to meet up with you. I am so glad you keep up with your tales, I only wish I were so you could be equally up to date with the going ons in NYC.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!