Friday, December 11, 2009

My Little Picasso


Tuesday night was the babe's first art show.

Yes, a 3 year old with an art gallery opening.

The babe and her classmates have been studying Picasso this semester. She has been bringing home art which I believe is pretty typical of a preschooler. It's always fun to see what she's been up to and we tape her work up on our dining room wall in our personal "gallery."

I didn't expect to see much more at Tuesday's show than the kind of work I had already been seeing. But I was amazed at the creations these kids had come up with.

When I walked up to my daughter's piece, "The Flower," I was stunned. It truly is a piece of serious art, and as cliche as this may sound, it filled my heart with both pride and joy. She really is an artist! And I really am a proud Mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I am an art lover myself, and ohmy..I can definitely see the beauty in this painting.

**Check out my new blog: http://sunkissedsisters.blogspot.com/**