Friday, November 20, 2009

Promises, Promises

I make a lot of promises to myself to blog more. Then I break my promises.

I have just been overwhelmed by the responsibilities of being a parent.

And there are always a zillion other things I need to do. But really, I need to do this too. I love it and it makes me feel better.

That said, here's a brief update!

  • The kids were very cute for Halloween. The little guy was a cow (as the babe was two years ago) and the babe was Winnie the Pooh (as she was last year). We carved two pumpkins and went trick or treating up and down our block. The babe didn't even seem to mind that she couldn't eat most of her loot. I wonder if the food allergies will catch up with us next year?
  • I have been on a house hunt (again). This is where a lot of my designated computer time has gone lately. It is a frustrating and tedious experience, and I'm not sure what will become of it. However, we did make our first offer to buy a house last Friday (the 13th, I might add). Our offer was promptly rejected without a counter on Saturday morning. So how's that for a first experience!!! I am continuing my hunt but, as my husband suggested, I will try to be better at dividing up my computer time to various needs (such as blogging!)
  • I love preschool. BUT, I do not love all the ridiculous germs there. In the past three weeks, the babe has been inflicted with an eye infection, a stomach virus which involved vomiting and fevers, a bad cough, a constant snotty nose, and as of yesterday, an ear infection and another eye infection. She has been in school for about 7 hours total in the past 9 days and I am about to lose it. It's also tough on her to have to hang out at home all day instead of the awesomeness that is preschool. I am getting seriously sick of The Little Einsteins (her favorite show). Knock on wood though, as it can always be worse.
  • The little guy has three teeth coming in on the top. His smile is changing every day. He also started to pull himself up on the table yesterday and not just hold himself on his knees (as he's been doing for a few weeks), but is standing all the way up. We are about to enter the "cruising" phase of life. What happened to my baby? This is all happening way too fast.

They are both upstairs crying so I better sign off. So much for a quiet nap time.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi! I stumbled across your blog and read the first entry because I have the same stroller as in your banner pic. I had to comment because I thought....that sounds so much like my life! I read another post and you were talking about an overwhelming day with an almost 3-year old and some "annoying" times with your teething baby...that is exactly the (extremely long) day I had today. I was also left wondering if I should just admit defeat and go back to work! So comforting to know there are other moms out there going through exactly the same thing on "one of those days." Thanks for the reminder!
~ jen