Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Time Gone By

I know it's been a long time. I have written many a blog entry in my head, but have not managed to get that entry typed into the computer. I am going to try harder.

There are so many things to tell you about, but it would take more than one entry. A few developments include: the babe can zip up her own jacket now and the little guy is crawling all over the house and pulling himself up on things. We have some great days together, and we have some really bad days together. I suppose kids are like us...they can also have a bad day (or night).

Lately my son has been driving me nuts at night and my daughter has been driving me nuts during the day. The little guy is teething and waking many times a night screaming. We have tried everything (plugging and re-plugging the pacifier, teething tablets, Tylenol), but he can be one agitated and stubborn little dude in the wee hours of the night. Sometimes it breaks my heart and sometimes I'm just super annoyed. The exhaustion is getting to me and I hope those 2 top teeth pop all the way out soon.

The babe is in an extremely difficult stage and my husband and I are at a loss of what to do. We really don't know how to handle her and all the discipline in the world does not seem to work. We keep trying and she keeps pushing. I know she's not even 3 yet, but things feel out of control sometimes. She is home from school today due to an eye infection (oh joy) and we have already had a few good battles. I'm not talking little battles, I'm talking about battles that left me crying in the kitchen wondering if I should go back to work because I'm not able to deal with my own kid (again, the exhaustion doesn't help)!

In other news, my folks were in town last week for a visit and it was absolutely lovely. The babe actually behaved for the first 4.5 days of their visit which was a beautiful thing. I also think the little guy got used to them and felt fairly comfortable hanging out with his grandparents by the time they had to go. I also turned 34 last week. I had a smashing day (that began at 5:00 am) filled with amazing friends and family, yummy food and drink, and good vibrations. I still, at times, find it crazy that I am 34 now, married, and have 2 kids. Where did the time go? As each birthday passes I guess I realize that I am just me and will always be me....even if I'm a year older. Age is just a number.

I'd also like to mention that my very sweet husband got me a most thoughtful birthday gift: a bound copy of 24-7 Mommy (up until I took that very long 10 month break when life got a little too crazy). It is very cool to see all my writing in a book. I am glad I have a record of my time as a new Mom and I continue to hope it helps people out there. Motherhood is a blessing but it will bring you to your knees in ways you never thought possible.

No comments: