Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Last Week

I am supposed to be savoring this week. I am supposed to be enjoying it and appreciating this time with the babe. It our last week together full time. It has been 2 years and 9 months of being together most of the time. And frankly, I think we're both done with it. She's tired of me and yes, I will admit that I too am at times tired of her. Sadly, I am just counting down the days until she starts preschool on the 2nd.

I suppose I wouldn't be writing this if we hadn't just spent the past few hours of the morning bickering with each other. I try to be the mature one, as I am the mother, but it is pretty difficult at times. She just knows what buttons to push and how to get me going. It's one thing after another and I am pretty frazzled. I don't know how people home school children. They must have the patience of a saint.

I am really looking forward to 5 half days of preschool a week. It will give the little guy and I time alone and time to get errands done. It will be nice to be back to 1 kid for part of the week. I've decided that 2 at home full time is just not my cup of tea. It doesn't make me particularly happy a lot of the time, so the change is coming just in time.

As you know, I sometimes love being a stay-at-home Mom, but I also sometimes seriously dislike it and question whether I am cut out to do this.

My only concern, as you know, if the crazy unsuccessful potty training. Last night we did a few hours in panties with no accidents. The babe even pulled the portable potty in front of the TV so she could use it while watching Sesame Street (unassisted and unencouraged, I might add). But this morning I encountered some resistance to sitting on the potty despite the fact she wanted to wear her princess panties. Needless to say we didn't last too long without an accident. I think I may just try and do a few hours a day and see how we go until next week. But I am expecting to be called by the school to "discuss" the situation. I am praying she will be able to continue attending as we sort this out. I have experienced such an insane amount of stress over this potty training thing I am close to tears at time. Who would have thought it would come to this.

2 comments:

Gimmiegot said...

Sounds like it's been a rough week. Remeber also that going to school will be good for the babe. I think you need a hug!!!

Catherine Ryan said...

Going to school might help with the potty training, it did with mine. They were always much better at childcare than at home. Think it is all about being part of the group. They see the others goign to the toilet and want a piece of the action. Good luck with it.