Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Montreal

The 23 day trip to Canada has been moving along at a rapid pace. Last Friday the kids and I arrived at my Mother in law's house in Montreal. My husband flew in from DC that night, and my sister in law and her husband and 2 kids had arrived the day before. Needless to say we have a full house. It has been amazing to watch the babe play with her cousin who is a few months younger than her.

The babe's cousin is potty trained. I thought this would help the babe get on the potty train. I thought the train would leave the station. I am now sadly losing count of how many times I have had to clean serious amounts of poop out of her panties and training panties. She just doesn't care. She will go pee on the potty when brought to the bathroom but never indicates that she wants to go. This makes for a lot of work and "remembering potty time" for the adults around here. Luckily it has become a family affair. But after the major poop out this morning, I think I am about to poop out. Maybe she just isn't ready and I'm wasting my time. I have no more patience. I have no more positive reinforcement. I am feeling pretty done. So for now, she's off at the park in her pull ups. We'll see if I have the guts and patience to put those darn panties on again. But September 2nd is getting pretty close at this point.

In other news, the fan saga continues. I arrived at my Mother in law's, had a seat in the living room, and found myself staring at exactly the same white oscillating fan with the haunting "Super" written across its front. The fan was kindly moved to the basement by my husband and replaced with a swing for the little guy. I'm not sure if all these folks who own this nightmare of a fan should be throwing them out, or if I just don't want to see them. I suppose that as long as I tell people about my experience with the "Super" fan, then I have done my part.

As you may have guessed, there hasn't been any time to be sitting at the computer blogging or even doing basic emails. Being in a house with 9 people is a constant whirl, not to mention the many folks dropping by for a visit. Next week should be a pretty big change going back to our slower pace in DC. But it will be nice to be back in my yummy bed. And it will also be nice to start thinking about moving on past this crazy summer into a hopefully more peaceful Autumn.

No comments: