Monday, May 4, 2009

Some Random Updates

I broke down and swaddled the little guy last night. I thought it would be the answer to my prayers. It wasn't. He did a 3 hour stint (I gave up my shower so I could crash at the same time), and then proceeded to get up 3 or 4 more times before morning. Ugh. I am getting tired of writing about it and you've got to be tired of reading about it! Feel free to share your thoughts/suggestions with me.

In other news, our family has been bonding over BBQ. Last week we invested in our first real grown-up BBQ (a lovely Weber), and we celebrated with BBQ on Saturday and Sunday nights. All 4 of us sat at the table and had a few meals together. Eating with kids is rather distracted and at some points I had a baby hanging off me while I tried to consume overly dressed cheeseburgers. But that's OK, because it felt like we'd reached this new level of being a family of 4...we'd created our own family BBQ ritual that will carry us through the years. How lovely.

I had the kids Sunday morning (my husband also deserved a nice sleep in). After a little cartoon watching and Cheerio eating, I decided it was time to trim the babe's bangs. She's never been to a hairdresser and I've only ever cut her bangs when they get in her eyes. By yesterday, they were seriously in need of some snipping. A friend had just told me about an "easy" technique to cut children's bangs so I thought I'd give it a shot. It didn't work for us....most likely because the babe won't sit still. Needless to say, the bangs got shorter and shorter until I just had to stop. Those bangs are definitely out of her eyes now (similar to Jeannine Garofolo in one of my fave movies, Reality Bites). I take comfort in the knowledge that they will grow back. I was not destined to be a stylist of any kind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the JG Reality Bites flash back. It's so bizare to see her on 24. You are strong and you will get through this. Ajay should be given a patt on the back but in the same breath this is something that he should do on reflex. It will be over before you know it.
xoxo,
Amy