Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Food Issues

When my Mother-in-Law was here helping with the kids last January, she cooked up a storm. Bags of scrumptious Indian food were left in our freezer. What a treat!

Sadly, every time we have a dinner from the lovely selection in the freezer, we end up paying for it. Can you guess what we had for dinner last night? My son was up A LOT. Therefore my husband and I were up A LOT. There was serious farting and general crankiness going on. The little guy also kept wanting to eat...which most likely continued the cycle. It has happened enough times that I know it's not a coincidence and I'm sorry to say that I will no longer be enjoying the smashing meals from the freezer. It is just not worth it. My son is half Indian so I expect he will get over these issues and when I'm done with breastfeeding, I will be able to return to my beloved Indian food.

In other food news, we are off to the allergist tomorrow morning to create a game plan for my daughter's upcoming enrollment in preschool. I am very nervous about sending her into the care of others. If I find playgroup stressful because of the lurking snacking dangers everywhere, how is a teacher who is responsible for a lot of kids going to keep an eye on her? I'm more than ready for her to move on and attend preschool, but I'm not ready to give up control of her environment and the snacks that cross her path. I hope we can come to a better understanding of how she will function in the real world before she actually joins it in the Fall.

My son's first allergist appointment is scheduled with the same doc for next month. But I'm going to break down and fire away some questions tomorrow as I really think he's ready to move beyond exclusive breast milk. As the rice cereal didn't sit well on Sunday, I am hesitant to try it again before we discuss it further with the doc. I am praying he will not have the same problems as his big sis...although statistically I think we may be out of luck. My fingers are crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back on line... I take it as a good sign!
Love J in Swe