Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day


This will be the first St.Patrick's Day in many many years (possibly since I was legally able to drink) that I have not enjoyed a Guinness (or three) in a pub. Instead, I have made a Shepard's pie and my husband and I will enjoy our Guinness (from a can) in the comfort of our own home. I suppose we are really grown ups now (plus, the people in pubs today are not really Irish and they tend to be a little too messy).

I'm also not in the most festive mood as the babe's eye surgery is tomorrow at 9:05 am EST. Please feel free to send along the good vibrations! I'm doing OK, but wish I hadn't watched Dennis Quaid on 60 Minutes last night. He was talking about how his twin babies almost died because of a medical error in dosing (they gave the adult version of the prescribed blood thinner). Good thing we'll be at a Children's Hospital. According to Dennis, there are approximately 100,000 deaths per year in the U.S. due to medical error. He's now on a mission to draw attention to the issue (thank goodness). Although I'll be doing my best not to focus on that tomorrow morning.

Thanks to everyone for all the support leading up to the surgery. It's good to feel all the love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guinness and shepherd's pie at home rocks! Hea, hea!

I'm so happy that you got an early slot for the surgery. I'll be thinking of her and please let me know if you need anything!

Hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

Loove and kisses and best wishes for surgery. I am sure it will all go smoothly.

X Cath

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you two constantly but I've been dealing with very late work nights and have been a bad friend.
I'm thinking of you and wishing you lots of love!
xoxo,
amy