Thursday, January 31, 2008

On Our Own

I'm trying to stay positive. My husband just left on a 3 day/2 night job training adventure. It will be the longest the babe and I have been left alone together. All this would be manageable if I wasn't recovering from a yucky bout of the stomach flu. I spent Tuesday night running to the bathroom and remembering why I really dislike throwing up. That combined with the constant headache, exhaustion and feeling like I was run over by a truck, made for a long day yesterday. It was tough to be a Mommy when all I wanted was my own Mommy.

I'm not sure where this flu came from. The babe threw up three times on Sunday morning, fell back asleep and woke up fine. We weren't sure what to make of it.

On Tuesday we headed over to a clinic so the babe could have her blood drawn. We were overdue for the standard 12 month measuring of the babe's blood lead level for lead poisoning and to measure hemoglobin to screen for anemia. We threw in some food allergy testing for good measure. Three vials of blood later, and a lot of screaming, we were on our way. I am wondering if one of the folks in the waiting room was sick and passed it along to me, or if the babe had a minor stomach flu and passed it along to me? Who knows.

I am trying to think of the next few days as quality girl time. We'll try and make it fun, and I will get back on my feet. Sometimes I really wonder if we're doing the right thing by living in a city with no family or support network, but for now, it is what it is. On that convoluted note, we are going to go and have some soy milk mixed with formula and cheerios.

PS-Spell check doesn't appear to be working and my brain is too tired to find errors. My apologies.

No comments: