Sunday, December 2, 2007

7 Little Known Facts

I have been tagged by my blogging buddy, Kimberly Palmer (of Creating Ms. Perfect fame), to share 7 little known facts about myself. Hmmmm. I guess I can write about some non-mommy related things here! These are in no particular order.

1) I once hit my childhood friend in the head with a baseball bat. It was an accident which occurred while playing t-ball on the front lawn. We had a baby sitter that day which didn't make it any prettier. I still remember the size of the egg that developed on her forehead. Thankfully there was no permanent damage.

2) I would like to be a TV documentary maker. I'm not sure if I'll ever make this happen, but it is on the list of possibilities for when I return to the working world. I wish I had started on this dream a little earlier. It's not too late, right?

3) I once was a telemarketer who targeted pharamcists across the United States. I was a qualifier (pre-sales) for "art investment opportunities." The main artist we promoted was Peter Max.

4) I slept with a stuffed Mickey Mouse every night until I brought my daughter home from the hospital last year. I bought Mickey at Disneyland in LA. My family was in the process of moving to Canberra, Australia. I was 14. Mickey currently lives in my closet with the extra blankets. I miss him.

5) I had my nose pierced when I was 16. My parents weren't so happy about it. I removed the nose ring because of a summer job as a teller at a bank (I was a horrible bank teller). A few months later, I tried to put a nose ring in to the closed hole. I tore my nose and have the scar to prove it. I never said I was a smart teenager.

6) When my daughter was first born, I was so frazzled I had piles of dirty diapers and wipes on the dining room floor (I don't know why I didn't just use a garbage can) and I kept a night light on in the bedroom so I could see her at ALL times.

7) I love the Beastie Boys. Loud.

I don't really know any other active bloggers, so I can't tag anyone. But if you'd like to share anything, feel free to make a comment!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love these! A baseball bat, wow. and no of course it's not too late :)

thank you christine!

Anonymous said...

geeze thinking of 7 things no one knows about you is tough. well done! I feel like I'm a good friend as I knew a few of those things already (re your nose ring & your TV dream). But the violent streak, glad I didn't know you back than... ;->)
amy