Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween is Back!

Last night we went to a Halloween block party. It felt like we were on a movie set it was all so idyllic. This was the babe's first Halloween and it was something special. We had her dressed in a little cow costume and she really was the cutest thing ever (if I do say so myself).

My husband came home from work early and we headed over to Swann Street to meet up with some friends. This Halloween party has been held for 34 consecutive years and we had never been, despite the fact we've lived in the neighborhood for over 2 years. There were lots of super adorable kids in excellent costumes accompanied by many smiling parents. Along with your typical block party food, there was even Halloween inspired chocolate cake. It was a warm evening, in many ways.

This was my first Halloween as a Mom and it got me so excited about the future. I've always loved Halloween (I would be the only one in a costume at my old office), but it has a whole new meaning now. I am really looking forward to many years of costumes and candy and fun. Having a baby can make you feel old sometimes, but in many ways it can also make you young again. Happy Halloween!

No comments: