Thursday, August 30, 2007

She Did It!!!

I am a very happy mommy this morning. The babe got up just once in 11 hours! There doesn't even appear to be anything wrong with her (knock on wood). It is a miracle. She slept from 8:15 pm to 12:30 am. Her next stretch was from 12:45 to 7:15 am. This was the best night sleep I've had since October 2006. I feel like a million bucks. I feel like I could run a marathon. Well, maybe that's pushing it.

I was almost ready to start being tough last night, but was too exhausted. I sacrificed time with my husband and went to bed early. Good thing as I managed to clock almost 3 hours before she woke up. I recall checking on her at one point during the night. She was still breathing. The next time she woke up I glanced at the clock and was in shock. 7:15 am? What? What happened? I asked my husband and he confirmed that she had been asleep since 12:45 am. He admitted to having checked on her all night as her behavior was so untypical.

What did we do to make this happen? How do I get this to happen again? Is it that her teeth didn't hurt? Is it something I ate or didn't eat? Drink or didn't drink? All I know is that I would really be a much better mommy and person if this kind of thing happened every night.

Co-sleeping is all right with me me if she sleeps over 6 hours straight! Pretty much anything is all right with me if we can find a way to duplicate last night's magic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are so chipper. Now what?