Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Entertainment

I can't believe I did it again. My daughter has been on a very bad sleep cycle for the past 5 nights. She'll last 2 or 3 hours before waking and expecting food/comfort. That has made me a very very tired Mommy. That said, I got stuck on the couch watching the second episode of "Age of Love" last night. It's a reality dating show where one bachelor (Mark something or other-a tennis player from Australia) dates two groups of women. One group is in their forties and one group in their twenties. Mark has to ultimately pick one women from the "older" group or the "younger" group. Who will he pick? All the women are fighting over this one thirty-year-old guy. Pathetic, right?

I should be disgusted by the premise, and should be refusing to watch such nonsense from 9 to 10pm. But I was kinda hooked after last week. Last night at about ten to nine I declared to my husband that I should just read a book and go to bed. He said I deserved entertainment. I guess I'm just unimpressed with myself because my mind must really be turning to mashed potatoes if this is what I now find "entertaining". What I really needed was sleep, and again I paid the price in lost zzzs. I am, however, looking forward to next Monday at 9pm. I am seriously cheering for the women in their forties.

On another front, I have been listening to a lot of radio. For the first 5 months of my daughter's life I was all about the classical music station. Then I got bored and started scanning for a more entertaining option. I landed on one station which seemed to have some potential. It took me almost half an hour to realize I was listening to Christian rock (mind you I was entertaining a 5 1/2 month old at the same time). I was really beginning to question the quality of today's music when I clued in. I was also wondering how out of the loop I was. I'm happy to report I've now found a cool new station which is playing a very nice variety of groovy tunes. They even reported live from Bonnaroo (a music festival in Manchester, TN I was actually hip enough to attend 4 years ago). The problem with radio is listening to the ads. If only I hadn't packed away most of our CDs to make room for all the baby crap that has taken over our living room!

Anyway, it's about a billion degrees outside so we're off to our other form of entertainment-the pool.

No comments: