Thursday, June 7, 2007

Baby Touching Update

I have to admit that I paid $1.50 for one hot house tomato the other day. I was at the grocery store when the creepy produce guy appeared and started to make the move towards my daughter. I've had some experience trying to avoid this guy in the past as I learnt the hard way that he likes to touch babies.

I was looking at Roma tomatoes, but creepy guy was getting close so I avoided eye contact and kept moving to a point where he was blocked by another employee unloading produce. That is how I ended up with the fancy shmancy hot house tomato. $1.50 seemed a small price to pay to avoid letting him get too close.

But looking back I'm wondering if I should have followed my own advice a little more and stood up for us and told him I'd prefer if he not touch my baby. Maybe I'm a big wimp.

At least the tomato was really good.

No comments: